Who are we?
Flyer is a rapidly growing FinTech company building SaaS-based software for asset managers and advisors to master trading and better manage wealth. Our customers are RIAs, hybrid RIAs, Asset Managers, TAMPs and large scale technology platforms in the asset management and wealth advisory marketplace. Flyer delivers front-end and back-end modular solutions via SaaS & API technologies to deliver scalable and robust portfolio and trade order management tools on our network connected to hundreds of the leading brokers and custodians. Flyer has offices in New York City and Hyderabad, India with a significant number of remote-only employees in the US.
Who are we looking for?
Flyer is seeking a senior full stack software engineer to lead a team in extending the functional capabilities of our SaaS-based trading platform. Co-Pilot is our portfolio trading platform for wealth and asset managers to create and execute trades at scale and across a broad range of asset/security types including equities, mutual funds, options and fixed income with a level of sophistication and control uncommon in legacy trading systems.
Your role will be to translate business requirements into architectural designs, technical designs and implementation specifications, breaking down large projects into assignable components, leading teams of more junior engineers as well as coding some of the more complex components, managing and executing the testing and bug fix process with our QA team, and ensuring a smooth and on-time release.
Flyer advocates lean, agile development teams with small, production-ready software modules that are introduced to customers on a more frequent basis than traditional waterfall development approaches. The ideal candidate will be well versed and comfortable in modern agile methods and traditional waterfall approaches with a significant emphasis on the former.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop Java enterprise grade applications utilizing coding standards that produces logical, testable, reusable code
- Understand user requirements and derive the appropriate designs and architectures for both front and back end applications
- Architect, implement and integrate core back end databases for varying use cases (transactional, reference, archiving, business intelligence)
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API services and endpoints
- Contribute meaningfully to peer code reviews and achieving high coding standards across the team
- Work collaboratively, interactively and cooperatively with Product, QA and Operations teams to achieve common application and business objectives
- Mentor junior software engineers and foster a culture of continuously improving coding capabilities across the team
Tech Stack and Tools:
- Node, React and other Js technologies
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC frameworks
- REST/JSON, RDBMS (MySQL preferable)
- Microservice architecture approach and patterns
- API orientation for back end application delivery
- Amazon Web Services (Elastic Compute, RDS, Athena, S3), Linux and Windows
- Agile (SCRUM), JIRA, Git, Maven
- Must be team oriented and team driven
- Proficient at solving complex mathematical problems
- Strong in data structures and collections
- Ability to rapidly develop and iterate software
- Proven ability to produce well documented technical requirements and code
- Experience in Wealth Management or Asset Management a substantial plus
- Strong technical product and investment knowledge across wealth management segments also a big advantage
The best way to grab our attention is to show us something awesome that you have built/shipped in the recent past.
Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile, and a brief note about who you are and why you want to join the Flyer team to: email@example.com.