Who are we looking for?
Flyer is looking to grow its Hyderabad based support & operations team by adding a mid level client & application support engineer. Your role will require you to support both new and existing clients who leverage Flyer trading solutions which include the Flyer Trading Network (FTN), the Co-Pilot portfolio & order management platform, FIX enterprise software, and Flyer APIs. Co-Pilot is our portfolio trading platform for wealth and asset managers to create and execute trades at scale and across with a level of sophistication and control uncommon in legacy trading systems.
Your role will encompass the whole trading lifecycle as well as a broad range of asset/security types including equities, mutual funds, options and fixed income. You will be required to coordinate externally with clients and internally with multiple teams.
This role is for individuals with strong technical, functional and customer service skills, looking for a challenging and varied role in a fast paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with 5+ years of experience who wants direct interaction with clients & trading systems, and a career pathway in trade support, product management or technical account management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Client support and daily operations responsibilities include: answering support calls, emails, tickets; monitoring and supporting OMS clients, risk gateways, API clients, FIX connections; and custom client workflows & integrations
- Addressing immediate needs of clients, resolving issues independently and working with other teams within the organization to ensure timely of issues
- On-boarding new clients from start to go-live, including new OMS clients and their FIX connections
- Working with global customers and Flyer engineering teams on project requirements, product enhancements, product management, product releases, and production deployments
- Project management of client requirements, integrations, and support issues through entire issue lifecycle including working with product development, QA, or the systems & networking team
- Work collaboratively, interactively and cooperatively with Product, QA, Development, and Sales teams to achieve common client and business objectives
- Mentor junior support & operations group members and foster a culture of continuously improving capabilities across the team
Tech Stack and Tools:
- Configuration Management tool, Ansible Puppet
- Databases (MySQL preferable)
- Amazon Web Services (Elastic Compute, RDS, Athena, S3)
- REST/JSON, Groovy programming, XML
- FTP, Socket and Network Programming
- Scripting Languages: Perl, Bash, Python, etc.
- Atlassian Products: JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio)
- Virtual Environments/Docker/Kubernetees
- Experience in client & application support, technical client onboarding or implementation in the electronic trading industry
- Proficient in Linux/Unix systems, scripting languages, and databases
- Background in capital markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate succinctly and accurately to customers
- Strong customer service ability
- Proficient at solving complex problems
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a trading environment
- Must be team oriented and team driven
- Ability to be hands on and quickly learn
- Strong technical product and investment knowledge across wealth management segments
- Experience in Wealth Management. Asset Management, or other financial trading systems and environments
- Experience supporting Software as a Service platforms
- FIX protocol knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering concentration (Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering) with a business focus OR Business- related degree with significant exposure to Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
What Makes it Interesting:
- Creating innovative solutions for complex problems
- Gain exposure on Electronic Trading in Capital Markets
- Exposure to intelligent trading platform
- Freedom to come up with own ideas and productize them
- Working in agile teams